The following beliefs summarize the educational attitudes of the Center of Independent Learning, Inc.:
- Parents are the primary educators of their children. They are basic role models for all learning. The role of teachers is to support parents and students in the educational process.
- Learning takes place at different rates for each person.
- People have individual learning styles, stengths and weaknesses.
- Learning needs to be relevant to everyday living.
- Learning involves critical thinking and processing information, which the student owns as his or her own. It is much more than mere memorization of facts.
- Learning takes place when the student questions the information as true or not.
- People learn when they are part of a loving, accepting and challenging environment that does not put limitations on learning.
- Learning takes place when there is no fear of failing or succeeding.
- Learning is an adventurous, continuous process and journey.
Center of Independent Learning, Inc. does not discriminate for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, handicap or national origin.